Tuesday, September 2, 2008

All Done!

It's amazing how many words Riley has learned in just one month...the difference between 18 months and 19 months has been huge. Not only does he say a lot more words, he understands a lot more too. Even though he can't say "Jake and Scarlet" yet, he knows the difference between the two which is amazing considering how similar they look to each other. I always let him give the dogs their treats when they come into the house. Scarlet was sitting closer to us but we usually give Jake his treat first (thanks to Cesar Milan, we've learned the importance of the alpha dog in a multi-dog household!). So I told Riley to give Jake his treat first and he totally walked past Scarlet and gave it to Jake. I was really impressed that he knew the difference between the two. And Riley is quite the little imitator. He's been copying a lot of our actions for months and now he's starting to copy how we say things. For example, Cody started drawing out the "Alllllllll Doneeeeeee" when Riley was finished with his meals. So now Riley is starting to do it...it cracks me up!

What a fun age!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh gosh, I totally agree! The jump from 18 to 19 months was pretty crazy. I wonder what the next months will bring!