Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow Day!

Winter rolled through the midwest this week with a vengeance...lots of snow and ice led to some pretty treacherous road conditions. The roads were bad enough that the base commander at Wright-Patt closed the base on Wednesday and Thursday this week. Unfortunately, I missed the first snow day because I was traveling for work. But I actually made it home (barely!) late Wednesday night (actually, very early Thursday morning!) from Connecticut and was able to enjoy a snow day with Cody and Riley on Thursday. Check out Riley in his snow gear...we affectionately call him Randy when he's dressed up like this (the little brother in A Christmas Story). First order of business was to help Daddy shovel the driveway...yes, that's a dust pan (I had to improvise since Riley really wanted a shovel of his own).

The puppies were loving some extra playtime on our day off.

We took Riley to one of his favorite restaurants for brunch, Bob Evans...he was digging the Apple Butter!

After naptime, it was playtime at the snow covered park!




We took advantage of all the snow with some sledding -- Riley was loving it!

Gotta love snow days!

No comments: