Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat

Well, trick or treat was kind of a bust this year. I got Riley all dressed up in his Buzz Lightyear outfit and it took me 30 minutes and some serious M&M bribes to even get him out the door! I kept asking him if he wanted to go around to other houses and get candy and he kept whining, "NO!" and ran away from me. At least he agreed to wear the wings which he wouldn't do when I first ordered the outfit a month ago...So I got him out the door and he kept saying, "I want to go back inside!" So I pulled out the M&Ms and said if he went to two houses he could have them.

That's a look of fear on his face...there were a lot of kids out all dressed up at this point.

He went to exactly two houses and said, "I want to go home now!" I wasn't going to argue or force the poor kid so we headed home after a whole 5 minutes of trick or treating. He was perfectly content sitting on the couch with his M&Ms watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while I passed out candy.

There's always next year I guess...

No comments: