Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Catching Up - Riley is 4 Weeks Old

Hey, everyone...email and Shutterfly weren't meeting my needs of keeping family and friends updated on Riley so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and try a blog (Sarah and Meghan, don't make fun!). I'll try to keep it updated weekly but we'll see how diligent I am after I go back to work in a couple of weeks! I guess I have some catching up to do since Riley was born 4 weeks ago! As most of you know, Riley John Rasmussen was born on 21 January 2007 at 12:43AM...he was 6 lbs 11 ounces and 19 inches long.


Riley 4 hours old




Daddy and son hangin' out watching football

Mommy is looking a bit ragged!

Nanny (Katie's mom), Grandy (Katie's grandmother) and GrandPaul (Katie's grandfather) drove up from Florida and came to the hospital on Jan 22nd to see our little guy.


Riley and Nanny




Riley and Grandy





Riley and GrandPaul


Riley arrived home on 23 Jan 07 and was greeted by Nanny, Grandy, GrandPaul, Aunt Sarah (aka Riley's Fairy Godmother!), Aunt Meghan, Uncle Jason and cousin Jace. Nanny could only stay for a night because she's in school full time getting her teaching certificate but she'll be coming up to visit during her Spring Break at the beginning of March. Grandy and GrandPaul stayed for five days and spoiled us rotten doing our laundry, cooking our meals and even babysitting Riley so Cody and I could go on our first date post-baby!

Proud Mommy and Daddy with 2 day old Riley



Aunt Meghan and Aunt Sarah



Uncle Jason and Riley



Riley and cousin Jace in their matching "Monkey Business" onesies

The weekend of 10 Feb 07 Riley was three weeks old. Aunt Trisha flew up from Florida and Aunt Johnnie drove from South Bend to visit their new nephew. Aunt Sarah and cousin Jace also came over from Columbus to visit Riley again -- cousin Jace can't get enough of Ri-eee:)


Riley and Aunt Trisha


Riley and Aunt Johnnie


On 18 Feb 07 Riley turned 4 weeks old and experienced his first road trip! We drove over to Columbus to visit Aunt Sarah, Uncle Jason and his family (Jason's family have adopted the Quigley girls since their parents moved to Florida), cousin Jace, and Katie's best friend from high school, Emily. Riley slept the entire car ride there and back (and most of the time he was there as you can see from the pictures).


Riley and Grandma Dorothy (aka Gigi)

Riley and Grandma Eloise (aka Fifi)

Riley and Grandma Kiki



Riley and Aunt Bev



Riley and Aunt Lynn



Riley and Aunt Erin


So now you are up to date! So far Riley has been a great baby -- barely ever cries, sleeps a lot, toots and burps very loudly which make mommy and daddy laugh, and eats well. He's starting to track objects with his eyes and we're starting to see the corners of his mouth move upward like he's getting ready to smile (he does smile in his sleep right now, probably from relief after he passes gas!). His brother and sister, Jake and Scarlet, seem pretty oblivious to him right now but will most likely take more of an interest once Riley starts pulling their ears and tails!


Riley with Scarlet (left) and Jake (right)



Like I said earlier, I will try to document Riley's growth once or twice a week so check back frequently. And feel free to post comments!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie,
Your blog is really darling. So today I learned what a blog is. It is so great to see all these great pictures of Riley and your family. I can hardly wait too see him. Katie you are looking fantastic.
I'll be checking this blog often.
Love,Lisa (Grammy)

Anonymous said...

Hey Family!! Riley is adorable!! Nice blog page...we will be checking it often. Keep up the good work! Let us know if you need anything!
Love,
Melissa, Jeremy, & Landon

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mommy & Daddy! He's so adorable! You two done good! :-) I love this blog stuff, pretty cool! Thanks for including me in it, I loved seeing these pics! What a cool idea! Take care of yourselves! Can't wait to see you guys and the baby Riley! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry about that. That last comment was from Desh. Forgot to sign it! Guess I'm showing my age! I'll get the hang of this stuff some day! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hello Katie & Cody..
What a beautiful baby boy!!! And Katie you look GREAT!! Im so glad you have a web page so we can see the pictures and keep in touch.We have a web page too so dont forget to check ours out.Love you,Trisha,Layton
www.laytonandtrishbaby.com