Monday, December 1, 2008

Major Dad

Today was Cody's promotion ceremony -- Riley and I got to pin on his new Major rank!

You may be wondering what is wrong with Riley's face in this picture...is he constipated? No, he decided at this point to crank up what Cody calls the "Brat Meter" to an 11 (out of 10). Shortly after this picture was taken, Cody had an opportunity to give a little speech. After about 30 seconds, I had to take Riley out of the conference room because he was yelling and screaming, "No!" and "Mine!" while trying to escape from me. Unfortunately, these are words we've been hearing more and more lately along with an increasing volume. I tried to remind Riley he's still got a couple of months before he turns two...he didn't listen to me. Riley did pretty well for the first ten minutes of the ceremony. He was perfectly content chowing down on his bag of goldfish. When he was tired of those, I pulled out the Reese's peanut butter cup. But after that was gone, it was all over.

After the ceremony, there was cake to celebrate. I felt a little guilty for dropping Riley off at the daycare all hopped up on cake and candy right before lunch and nap time...but obviously not too guilty! I think a big congratulations is in order to our new Major Dad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Cody!! You Rock!!!! LOVE J to the 2 and S to the 2!