We took Cody to the airport this morning...Riley thought we were all going somewhere which is understandable since we've been on two trips within the past two months. I tried to explain to him that only Daddy was going on the airplane this time. But he wasn't having it...he kept asking, "I go on airplane too?" And eventually he just kept repeating over and over again, "Airplane too?" Riley and I were allowed to go to the gate with Cody with special gate passes so that allowed us an extra hour or so together. Cody took advantage of it by spoiling Riley rotten and giving in to his every request...including M&M's!
There were lots of hugs and kisses...and a few tears (not from my manly men, of course). I really tried to hold myself together for Riley's sake but he didn't get it anyway. It was tough to get my head around six months without Cody after being together almost constantly for ten years. It didn't really hit me until this morning when we were on our way to the airport. It's going to be tough establishing a new routine that doesn't involve Cody. I'm just hoping these next six months go by fast.
Christmas will most certainly be extra special this year...and I already know what Riley's favorite gift is going to be -- having his Daddy back!
2 comments:
:( I'm crying!
I know 6 months will go fast...think about how fast Riley is growing. That will make time fly! (hopefully)
-Amanda (B'way) W.
if you need anything katie, just let me know! love to all of you!
meg :)
Post a Comment