Sunday, May 31, 2009

Zoo Season

The summer zoo season has begun! And Riley and I are planning on taking full advantage of our season passes this year -- especially since Riley seems more intrigued by animals this summer. His favorite today was the elephant...I'm thinking he just really likes to say that word! Here's our cool dude with his glasses on (which only lasted about five minutes, by the way).
We call him Jungle Jace and he was our tour guide today...he happily skipped along in front of all of us leading the way to his favorite animals. First the elephants, then the rhino, then the tiger, lion, penguins, etc. Notice the Thomas the Train lunchbox he just had to pack himself (with Pop Tarts and goldfish) so he could have a snack when he got hungry. Yes, he's been to the zoo a time or two and knows what to expect :)

Riley kept wanting to climb on all of the animals in the picture spots...that was fine with me because it allowed me to actually snap a few shots!

And I was lucky enough to actually get all three kids looking at the camera at the same time...that NEVER happens! It must have been my lucky day...

So it's hard to believe that Cody has only been gone a week...it feels like much longer! I got a little behind on my blog posts last week because I was working on a DVD for Riley of Cody reading him bedtime stories (which turned out really cute by the way!). I will try to catch up with the blog this week -- I still have a few pictures from Utah to post along with some cute pictures from last week.

No comments: