We arrived in West Palm Beach, FL yesterday to visit Nannie and Pappy. Cody has a swim meet in Ft Lauderdale this weekend so we combined our trip for that event with a little vacation time with the grandparents. We checked out Nannie and Pappy's new pool last night...or shall I say "spool". It's a spa/pool which is too cool -- warm enough even for my cold-blooded body! Riley had a blast kicking and splashing around with Cody last night right before bedtime.
This morning Nannie and I took Riley to the park...when we got there around 9AM the park was completely empty. By the time we left at 10AM, there were a ton of kids there with their nannies...I guess people can afford nannies down here because I don't think you see that too often up in Ohio. Riley had fun playing the chimes...and he finally loves the swings again. He did not want to leave after swinging for over 20 minutes! He loved the swings last summer, hasn't been too thrilled about them this year up until today when we had to drag him out of them! It's funny how quickly their taste for things changes at this age!
When we got home from the park, Riley had some welts on his arm -- it looked like an allergic reaction to something. We turned right around and took him to Urgent Care because it looked bad and I was afraid it would spread. By the time I filled out all of the paperwork and they got us in, it was already started to look better. The doctor told us to get some over the counter allergy medicine and that was that. At that point I felt like an obsessive worry-wort parent but oh well. Better to be safe than sorry! Could these plants be the culprit for Riley's quick bout with contact dermatitis?!
We've got lots of fun things planned this week and the beginning of next including Disney on Monday and Tuesday...we fly back to Ohio next Wed. I'll try to post pictures throughout this trip while Riley's napping (which is what he's doing right now!).
No comments:
Post a Comment