On Saturday we went to cousin Sawyer's first birthday party at Gymboree! The birthday boy was ready to rock and roll!
Riley ran laps around the place almost the entire time!
He was all smiles the entire 90 minutes of play time.
Riley was all about jumping...
and climbing...
and horsing around with Daddy!
Riley loves tunnels!
Cody and Riley are listening quite intently to the instructions provided by the Gymboree staff.
Riley got knocked around by this big ball about a million times and kept getting up and going back for more -- persistent much?
Riley loved playing on the teeter totter with Daddy.
This is the birthday candle slide...all the kids loved it!
Everyone loves bubbles!
"Come and catch me if you can!"
Rough housing with cousin Jace...Riley followed Jace and his friends around most of the time -- he wanted to be a big boy so badly!
Playing with the parachute.
The kids loved being under the parachute...who wouldn't? It was so cool!


Then it was time for cupcakes...

Too much birthday? Actually, Sawyer was really mad his cupcake was gone!

Riley enjoyed the cupcake...

As you can tell from the chocolate all over his face! It looks like he has a mustache and the beginning of some mutton chops!

So I was helping one of the kids go across the monkey bars and one of the dad's came up and said, "Oh, is that your son?" I said, "No..." Then 30 seconds later I was helping another kid and he said, "So is that your son?" Again, I said, "No..." He asked, "So do you have any kids here?" I said, "Yeah, my son is running around here somewhere in a green shirt...it's his dad's turn to keep an eye on him." I'm looking around the room and couldn't find him...so I said, "Hmmm, I don't see him." The guy said, "I bet he's the kid stuck in the barrel over there!" I look over and there's a barrel upright and swaying back and forth. I walked over and looked in...sure enough, Riley's the kid stuck in the barrel! Of course he was loving it! It was his own little fort!

I think Sawyer had a fun time at his birthday. It was the best birthday party Riley has ever been to! And the party favors were an awesome idea! My sister burned some of Sawyer's favorite songs on a CD, put a picture of Sawyer on the CD case, and attached a mini pack of M&Ms to the case -- very crafty and creative!
Then it was time for cupcakes...
Too much birthday? Actually, Sawyer was really mad his cupcake was gone!
Riley enjoyed the cupcake...
As you can tell from the chocolate all over his face! It looks like he has a mustache and the beginning of some mutton chops!
So I was helping one of the kids go across the monkey bars and one of the dad's came up and said, "Oh, is that your son?" I said, "No..." Then 30 seconds later I was helping another kid and he said, "So is that your son?" Again, I said, "No..." He asked, "So do you have any kids here?" I said, "Yeah, my son is running around here somewhere in a green shirt...it's his dad's turn to keep an eye on him." I'm looking around the room and couldn't find him...so I said, "Hmmm, I don't see him." The guy said, "I bet he's the kid stuck in the barrel over there!" I look over and there's a barrel upright and swaying back and forth. I walked over and looked in...sure enough, Riley's the kid stuck in the barrel! Of course he was loving it! It was his own little fort!
I think Sawyer had a fun time at his birthday. It was the best birthday party Riley has ever been to! And the party favors were an awesome idea! My sister burned some of Sawyer's favorite songs on a CD, put a picture of Sawyer on the CD case, and attached a mini pack of M&Ms to the case -- very crafty and creative!
No comments:
Post a Comment