Monday, July 6, 2009

Daddy's Stories

Before Cody left, we recorded him reading about ten of Riley's favorite bedtime stories. I made a DVD for Riley to incorporate into his bedtime routine. I think it has really helped Riley to be able to see his Daddy every night before he goes to bed.
After bath time, I put Riley's PJs on and he immediately starts asking for "Daddy's stories?" When I get him off the changing table, he runs and grabs the portable DVD player and brings it to his bed. Needless to say, he is stuck on two particular stories and has not deviated from those since Cody left -- Dinosaur's Binkit and I'm Not Scared. We didn't even need to record the other eight because he only wants those two! Oh, and the bedtime prayer we've been saying with Riley since he was really little...we recorded that too and at the end Cody says "Goodnight Riley, I love you with all my heart." Riley typically responds with "I love you, Daddy!" and then whines for a few minutes saying, "My Daddy...my Daddy." He definitely misses his Daddy a lot...like me, Riley can't wait for Christmas this year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness. That brought tears to my eyes, Katie!!

-B'way