We took Riley to the fountains this evening...he's never been a big fan of the water shooting out of the ground but he still likes to play in the grass surrounding the area. First, he was off to the races and was a madman screaming his head off and running in circles...
And there was some jumping too.

His shorts got a little wet when he fell in a puddle and they kept falling down!

We were laughing and saying, "Riley, pull your pants up!" So he did...

His shorts got a little wet when he fell in a puddle and they kept falling down!
We were laughing and saying, "Riley, pull your pants up!" So he did...
Then he got obsessed about playing with the towel. First he was doing a log roll for about 15 minutes all over the grassy area.

He thought he was pretty cute and I have to say I don't disagree with the kid...

Then he decided to put it on his head and run around like a madman again.

That was fine until he ran into a concrete block...ouch! Before you call child protective services, he wasn't going full speed or anything. He got a little scrape on his chin but he was fine...and now he has a matching scrape for the one on his cheek he got last week at daycare when he ran into another kid and fell because he wasn't paying attention to where he was walking. After the chin scrape, he certainly didn't learn because he was trying to grab the towel from me to do the same thing about ten minutes later. I distracted him with talk of "ghetti" for dinner and he was ready to eat. Riley is just like his daddy...clumsy and always hungry :)
He thought he was pretty cute and I have to say I don't disagree with the kid...
Then he decided to put it on his head and run around like a madman again.
That was fine until he ran into a concrete block...ouch! Before you call child protective services, he wasn't going full speed or anything. He got a little scrape on his chin but he was fine...and now he has a matching scrape for the one on his cheek he got last week at daycare when he ran into another kid and fell because he wasn't paying attention to where he was walking. After the chin scrape, he certainly didn't learn because he was trying to grab the towel from me to do the same thing about ten minutes later. I distracted him with talk of "ghetti" for dinner and he was ready to eat. Riley is just like his daddy...clumsy and always hungry :)
1 comment:
The log rolling has me laughing out loud! It would be so great to get Hayden and Riley to run around together.
Don't feel bad about the pacifier. If we hadn't honestly lost it last week at naptime, Hayden would still have it. And only because he actually fell asleep without it during that nap did we decide to do away with it permanently (although I still have a spare--just in case!).
And potty training on your own is quite ambitious! I was hoping Hayden would be by now, but he's not interested at all either. He sometimes fusses about getting his diaper changed and I tell him that he has 2 choices: get his diaper changed or start using the potty. He immediately says "change diaper!" and compliantly lays down for me to do so. Ugh!
Post a Comment