Thursday, February 25, 2010

All About Riley

Riley has been saying quite a few funny things lately...for example:

1. When Cody holds Sully, Riley points to the baby and says, "That's Mommy's!" He's basically instructing Cody to give Sully back to Mommy so Riley can have Daddy all to himself!

2. Riley has become quite the little negotiator. When we say, "Riley, it's time to go _____ (fill in the blank with a place Riley doesn't want to go to right at that moment such as school, bath, bed, etc)" Riley's response is always, "Just five more minutes!" And if we say no, he holds up his finger and says, "Just one more minute!"

3. I picked up Riley at daycare earlier this week and a few of the boys in his class came over and peeked into the infant carrier to check out the baby. Riley ran over and said, "No, that's my Sully!" Well, at least he's claiming Sully as his brother now!

Riley went on his first field trip at school on Monday and loved riding on the blue school bus. He's been talking about riding the bus all week! I'm thinking the daycare could just schedule a trip in the bus without a destination and Riley would be a happy camper. Riley has been into smelling things lately...he's always going up to Sully and sniffing him like a little dog. I said, "Riley, what are you doing?" His response, "I'm smelling Sully!" I said, "What does he smell like?" Riley's response, "He smells like a baby!" Kind of weird but cute.

No comments: