Monday, June 6, 2011

Balance Bike

Last year I bought Riley a balance bike hoping he would learn to ride it and possibly learn to ride a bike earlier. However, Riley had different plans and they did not include paying attention long enough to learn to ride the balance bike. This year has been a different story, though...he calls it his motorcycle and has been getting better and better every day.


He went from basically walking with it to riding it while "balancing" for ten to fifteen feet at a time in the matter of a week.

I'm hoping by the end of the summer he'll be a pro!

This is by far my favorite picture -- look at the concentration and the tongue sticking out!


Here's to a summer full of balancing!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I've seen those and wanted one for Jack. We bought a cheap (crappy) one at Walmart, but it didn't last more than a few days INSIDE our house before we decided to return it for our money back. It would have never survived being ridden outside. Where did you get yours? I've seen that one around I think.

Enjoy your summer of balancing!! :)